Notes on the Mystic weekend
These are actual notes I jotted down in my handy-dandy little notebook.
- If you’re still lucid when you’re in a casino at 3am, you’re either pregnant or…well, I just don’t know what’s wrong with you.
- I’m too old to be going to bed at 4am and getting up at 9am the next day.
- Krispy Kremes are so fucking good ANY TIME OF THE DAY.
- No other town outside of Hollywood has more pictures of Julia Roberts than Mystic, Connecticut. Sorry, but I don’t think she’s all that pretty.
- Mystic’s a quaint little seaport town filled with great seafood restaurants and boutique shops (with funny little names like “Seamen’s Inne” and “You’ve Got To Be Beading”), none of which I got to see because of the dreary, foggy weather and the fact that I had a hankering for steak.
- Brutal honesty is something I can only stand from people who have known me longer than 5 years.
- There’s something oddly comforting about hearing someone else snore when they’re sleeping.
- I hate, hate, hate, hate driving through the Bronx. Hate it.
- There really is nothing better than coming home after a great road trip and being able to be blog vaguely about it.